Monday, May 14, 2012

our place

Here is a tour of our little place we love to call home. Dan and I have lived in Richmond for almost 3 years now. The first year we lived with our amazing friends The Molitor's. They had just built a house and didn't have a Doak yet to fill it so we were the next best thing. It was a great year and the four of us became a little family that we liked to call "The Sheetsator's." When the year was over, we were ready for an apartment in the city and The Molitor's were ready for a baby. Dan and I found this place. He was skeptical at first because it needed some work, but I could see past the navy blue trim in the bedroom and the wood paneling in the kitchen along with the overgrown and uncared for backyard. We transformed this little apartment into our home and we love living here.

*Photos are not the best quality- I am using my i phone and the natural light in our place is not the best for photographs. So bear that in mind and I will most likely update when I take better photos*

[foyer]

Home to our keys, coats, purses and cameras.


[living room]


 
Xena!


mantle detail
 angled couch=more social living space

 My favorite chair found by Melissa!

[dan's studio]




[kitchen]

love our retro kitchen


 favorite photos and drawing always on the fridge

Buttons and lanterns- why wouldn't you put them in the kitchen?

Dan has a green thumb and I really enjoy it.


[dining room]


tiny, but it get's the job done
 lovely flower detail
yes, yes that is a plant growing into our house
honeymoon find

[our bedroom]



 Dan has made a game of putting as many drink rings on the dresser that he can- I'm fine with it.
 kitties!


 my side

 dan's side
 texture
 bedding

 lovely back yard

[bathroom]




 sweet pattern combo
 tiny rock sculptor
 
 creepy hand sculptor 

There you have it. That is our home, now stop by and say hello!

No comments: