Monday, July 16, 2012

two new loves

My friend, Vecellio, is getting married this September and the theme is denim and pearls. She wants all of her guests to wear shades of white and/or denim. 

I decided I want to wear something like this:

[found on pintrest]

So I have been on the hunt for a jean vest. I wanted it to have a naturally worn look. This is what I found:

Little boy's insulated jean jacket, it was the perfect denim and a nice cropped length. 
Thrift find for $3- amazing!

 

I cut off the sleeves and tore out the insulation. It was a perfect fit- I wear it all the time. 
It makes me feel like a bad ass.


Now on to the other new love in my life. 
Sweet baby Effie:

 I have been wanting a kitten for a while. Xena has been acting pretty spoiled lately and a little bored, so I figured she needed a new friend. Plus, baby kittens are the cutest. How could you not fall in love with this baby girl?

 
Effie doing cute stuff.

Effie being adorable.

Effie making you fall in love with her.

 
And me holding Effie while wearing my lovely jean vest. It doesn't get much better. I've realized that if I have a constant flow of kittens in my life, I will always be happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should get a mini jean jacket for the kitty....It would be adorable!